These portable best-sellers have been upgraded with newly designed top and bottom cowl based on the Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products of Simpliq with ergonomically designed front and back carrying handles. Now you can store your engine on 3 different positions without worrying about oil spillage.
*Please refer to Owner’s Manual for storage and transportation.
The 3.5 hp is lightweight and has a four point vibration absorption system to minimize vibration. And with sensational fuel economy, this compact little 3.5hp engine has it all… making it one of the best choices available for portable outboard power.
Tohatsu 3.5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about oil spill
- Newly designed front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Water-cooled and thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Digital CD ignition system for easier starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Forward-neutral shifting with 360° steering
- Easy to check oil level gauge indicator located on the engine’s side
- Light and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
Front & Back Large Carry Handles
Ergonomically designed new Large Front & Back Carrying Handles which allow easier carry and transportation from having one handle positioned slightly below another.
3-way storage positions (Port, Front & Starboard side down) without worrying about the oil spill. *Please refer to the Owner’s Manual for storage and transportation.
This Tohatsu patented powerhead design is tilted 15 degrees to the right inside the lower motor cover to create a compact top cowling design and also help with portability.
The twist type throttle control is provided on the steering handle for quick steering as well as one-handed operation to assure your safety.
360° Full Pivot Steering
The outboard can be turned in any direction, up to 360 degrees, for simple steering that is needed for small boats.
Oil Level Sight-Gauge
Conveniently located on the side of the motor, the oil level sight- gauge makes it easy to check the oil level without having to remove the cowling.
Four Point Vibration Absorb System
The specifically designed motor mounting system efficiently absorbs vibration at all rpm ranges.
With a built-in fuel tank conveniently located on top, the 4 hp becomes ready for cruising quickly and without taking up extra space in the boat. An external fuel fitting also comes standard with this model to allow the motor to hook up to a remote fuel tank as well.