We do our best to provide you with the best engine we possibly can. That’s why we have taken our 15 hp model and made it better by introducing our MFS15hp Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) which is the lightest 4-stroke battery-less EFI 15hp model in the industry! You can enjoy added features such as a higher power-to-weight ratio, which is the most important factor for small horsepower outboards. We also succeeded in drastically reducing the sound level and vibration on our new 15hp EFI outboard. One major advantage of the EFI system is a quick startup with no choke needed and provides crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges, as well as a significantly, increased fuel efficiency at wide-open throttle. Go ahead; put the engine to the test! You won’t regret it!
Power Tilt! We’ve added Power Tilt to our remote steering/throttle models to provide you even greater operating convenience. This engine offers the same features as our 15hp EFI model plus an added power tilt feature for greater operating convenience. As with our other engines, you can count on it to deliver the same reliability our reputation was built on.
Tohatsu 15 hp EFI 4-Stroke Benefits
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport” development and design concept
- Simpliq™ Technology – the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- Ultra-Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into the shallow drive because we’ve moved heavy components forward
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging*
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw, and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- Remote control model available
- Shallow water drive*
- 90-degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High-grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liters) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line with the fuel gauge on the cap
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Multi-Function Tiller Handle
Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) are integrated into the tiller handle for convenience.
Stowable Carrying Handle
We’ve incorporated a carrying handle on the front that can easily be tucked away when not in use.
Fuel Water Separator
A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator is standard equipment on all EFI 20 | 15 | 9.9 motors. This unique yet simple fuel water separator doesn’t require the use of a single tool to drain the water.
Center of Gravity Improved
By moving heavy components (i.e. crankshaft, driveshaft) 30mm forward compared to the previous model, the tilting weight has decreased by 26% from the previous version, making it much easier for users to tilt manually.
Compact Fuel System Layout for Easy Maintenance
The Vapor Separator Tank (VST) has been designed to integrate the high-pressure fuel feed pump, regulator, and fuel cooler into one component.