RIGID TELESCOPIC IOR DAN BUOY
Ergonomic design and superior stability. Complies with the ISAF/ORC racing regulations.
- 1 fibreglass telescopic dan buoy with 1/4 twist fastening.
- 1 ergonomic and shockproof cylindrical PVC floatation buoy (height 360 mm, Ø 180 mm/80 mm).
- 1 man-over-board red and yellow flag 450 x 350 mm.
- 4 m of floating rope to attach to a lifebuoy.
- 1built-in stainless steel ballast.
- 1clip and lanyard to keep the flag rolled up.
To obtain a dan buoy with light, simply add the optional light kit. When fitted, light is situated 2.30 m above the waterline. Powered by a 9 V battery.
When the dan buoy is thrown into the water, the lanyard detaches the clip from the light, which then activates automatically the light.
To fit the light to the dan buoy, simply push the bayonet fitting into the top of the dan buoy.
Height above water
(3.64 m with optional light kit)
(2.07 m with optional light)
(2.42 m with optional light)
OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES:
- Telescopic dan buoy holder: (Order code: 56397, €30,00 without VAT) 316L stainless steel, totally maintenance-free. Fits easily on Ø 18.5 to 25.5 mm pushpits or backstays.
- Fixed light kit: (Order code: 16205, €25,00 without VAT) battery not included.
- Spare bulb for fixed light kit: (Order code: 20614, €0.80 without VAT)
- Spare flag: (Order code: 10742, €12,00 without VAT)
- Fixing clip for flag: (Order code: 16703, €1,60 without VAT)
- Clip for light: (Order code: 50914, €7,00 without VAT)
- 2 mounting Plasticlip for IOR dan buoy: (Order code: 37038, €5,00 without VAT)
Additional equipment required by ISAF standards
Besides dan buoy and lighting, ISAF equipment includes :
- 1 horseshoe lifebuoy.
- 1 dye marker (ref. 38861).
- 1 small drogue anchor (ref. 25354) and line.
- 1 whistle (ref. 16303).
The ISAF regulation stipulates that when at sea, the dan buoy must be either fully extended or, in the case of an inflatable model, deployed in less than 20 seconds.